'Lil Sonny Sky's Book of the week...

We have a massive ( or "maffis" according to Sonny ) interest/obsession with children's picture books in our house. Along long long time ago before the arrival of children I actually wrote and illustrated some children's picture books and it's something I would love to do again. As the children get older and my time creeps (v slowly) back, it's my goal to get published again ( I'll show some ideas in future posts,) so yeah, we have a "maffis" collection of wonderful Children's books old and new by v talented illustrators. At the mo it's Oliver Jeffers 'Incredible book eating boy' . Sonny just loves this book, he love's the big die cut bite out of the back cover and is convinced Henry  (the book eating boy) has taken a bite out of our book!
... the best bit for me is when Henry is distracted by a cat pooing at the beginning, and licks the yellow pages instead of his ice lolly!! - Also how all the artwork is created on old book covers and pages, it's beautiful and funny well worth checking out if you haven't already!

Comments

Popular Posts