'Lil Sonny Sky's Book of the week...

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll is one of my all time favourite childhood books. As a kid I used to pour over the illustrations and lap up the surreal dream like story. I collect Alice in Wonderland books and love the vintage illustrations, but it's been difficult to get Lil, Sonny & Sky to share this passion as the Victorian language and black and white illustrations don't seem to connect with young ears and eyes... But this basic picture book version is a great introduction to the fantastic story. I'll do future blogs on the books I've got but I think this one for little ones is a great starting point.

It's published by Usborne and illustrated by Mauro Evangelista with sensitive pencil illustrations.

A massive contrast to how the fab Tim Burton will tell this amazing story! We can't wait to see it, but wait we must as it's not out till March 2010.
Mia Wasikowska as Alice
Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter
Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen
Matt Lucas is Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee and Alan Rickman ( who in my opinion is one of the best actors in the world!!) is the Caterpillar!
See the fantastic trailer here... and just to add the totally amazing  where the wild things is out in October! A children's book addict's dream!

Comments

Popular Posts