Doodles...

I love doodling faces and I sketch and doodle a lot, especially before I go to bed - when everyone is safely in bed....and the house has suddenly become calm!)

I was looking at some girls faces I'd doodled a while back using shapes and being inspired by a back grounds book I bought from The Dover Book Shop, which has some fantastic copyright free reference books. I decided to get my coloured pencils and trace pad out and work on these doodles further, experiment with colour and develop them for screen printing next month. So here are a few...


What do you think?

I think if I limit the colours to 2 to 3 and use the textures in the back ground book they will look good as screen prints....even fabric art with felt and thick black/blue embroidery thread.

I'd be really interested in what you think, and I'll show the results next month when I get into the screen printing studio....weather permitting!

Comments

  1. i LOVE the one with the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what talent they are absolutely brill. whatb else can i say. wow. go for it. g, didi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity of line that you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you'll be shocked to learn that I love these! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree on the doodling! I love it, I get lost in another world. I love your doodles. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your doodles. i love their serene expressions. They look like lovely characters. gX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts