My creative head space...

I'm addicted to filling my sketch book at the moment.

I'm planning on working on a couple of fabric art collages, I haven't done any for a while and I'm missing working with fabric and a needle.

The rough in the corner is Lily listening to her baby brother in my tummy....... on second look I think I need a trip to M&S for a good maternity support bra!... oooo might use a bit of creative licence and perk them up a bit! and work on that outline!! ...eeee, if only my pencil was magic and I could do that in real life....wow and all the other bits that no longer defy gravity.......

And back in the room!



The gorgeous glasses case is by made at Greenview

The little red print out reference is by illustrator & artist Joan Hickson, from a child hood programme called Joe from the 70's...... that I possibly can't remember, my mum told me about it.....I'm way too young, and found lovely reference here!

This is last weeks idea of a 'Japanese Spring' print, worked up to colour separations ready for screen printing next week,


I used this wonderful copyright free images book for reference by the fantastic Dover Book shop in London.


and this is my little Sky dreaming, worked into separations for screen printing, although I don't think they'll be time to do both prints in a day...depends on how much Haribo I eat!

So this is what I've been up to in my wee creative space, see more creative spaces at the very creative Kootoyoo.

Comments

  1. i love all your illustrations ... thanks for the fabulous sneak peak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for more of the fabric art...you know I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sketches. Please let me know when you find/create that magic pencil - I have some gravity issues you could work on for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your sketches - they're fantastic! and I'm a big fan of the Dover bookshop in Covent Garden - one of my must-visits every time I come over that way. Lovely post :) K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow all of that creativeness and baking a little person! I could do with a little bit of your magic pencil action.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what beautiful work. i love the idea of a real-life touch up pencil perking up this and reducing that....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the little one listening to her baby brother. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you through creative spaces and your illustrations are lovely! Sketching is super fun, going through all the possibilities - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your space this week - the japanese spring drawing is my fave - thanks for the book reference.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your fabric art is really ace. your drawings are ace too. if you find that magic pencil i could use a nip and tuck

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous sketches. The book looks fab I'm off to have a gander...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sketches are amazing! Thanks for sharing them and good luck with the magic pencil!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you have done loads since I saw you and the japanese girl is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts