Thursday, 25 November 2010

domestic goddess...


I've just had one of those homely baking days! 
I've baked some buns for school for the Christmas fair on Saturday, and I just thought you know what, I'm going to find a couple of those recipes you book mark to make and then never ever get round to making!
 So, whilst I had my pinny on and was in the mood ( I'm no domestic goddess really) I made...


Nigella's scarlet-speckled loaf cake made with beetroot and cranberries, and it's gorgeous even if I do say so myself!


and ginger sponge with chili icing, kind of adapted from a couple of recipes!




eeee, I've right enjoyed having the day off and pottering in the kitchen, very therapeutic to make cakes from scratch!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh now that is MY kind of day, good for the tummy and the soul!! Nigellas looks particularly scrummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks all yummy-scrummy! don't you just love the mess made by baking! x

    ReplyDelete