missed connections


This gorgeous illustration by Sophie Blackall from the missing connections project was my Christmas present from Chris. 
This is how Sophie Blackall describes this project

"Messages in bottles, smoke signals, letters written in the sand; the modern equivalents are the funny, sad, beautiful, hopeful, hopeless, poetic posts on Missed Connections websites. Every day hundreds of strangers reach out to other strangers on the strength of a glance, a smile or a blue hat. Their messages have the lifespan of a butterfly. I'm trying to pin a few of them down."





I love narrative illustration, I love reading meanings into images and looking for clues,
I love to finish the story off in my head!!

See The Missing connections blog here
See Sophie's website here
and you can purchase a print here
Gorgeous!

Comments

  1. Sophie's an old friend of mine, an expat Aussie in NY.
    She's really talented isn't she!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts