Feeding the birds...


I can't believe I painted Skyla's shoes on the first day of school ten years ago yet it seems like yesterday I took the photo of her on the drive in her duffel coat and brand new red Clark's Start Right shoes. 
She was so very proud of them and decided to wear pink plastic beads to match so she looked her "bestest" It's my favourite painting I've done because of the special memories it evokes.

(*sigh*)

So
I decided to use this and the memories to create this screen print, 'Feeding the birds'











We used to feed the birds by the river outside the co-op with the crusts of the bread we'd just bought. Sky would eat a slice for herself because " the dickie birds will get too full mummy"
Happy days.

This print is now available in my Etsy and Folksy shops.... maybe I should do another print of Sky's feet at age 13 in her Adidas Superstars!

Comments

  1. This print and the memory behind it is just so west. I think that you are enormously talented, Lisa. I can always spot your work on Pinterest and plan to visit your blog more often!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts