Sunday, 2 October 2016

Autumn Joy and Marmalade


Here's the third print in this series of floral vintage pots which started with the Golden print for Holmfirth Artweek.

I was inspired by the graphics on the old pot Dundee marmalade jar we have in our kitchen. 
I love the nostalgia it conjures up of old fashioned breakfasts of 'door stop' toast with butter and marmalade. 
We use our little pot as a vase for small flowers 
which today holds the tiny starts of pink Autumn Joy.


Here's the print after three colours screen printed,









I'm loving doing these prints, 
such a change from my graphic works and book illustration.
 I'm learning so much from the process of doing them which I can then use in my book illustration.
Can't wait to do another one!

Autumn Joy and marmalade is listed in my Etsy and Folksy shops.


Hello October!

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful!!!!
    You're so very talented!

    ReplyDelete