5 Fab things so far...


Sooooo much to celebrate this year so far and it's only the beginning of March!

Firstly,
this is my first year with a clean bill of health, which is blooming marvellous!

It seems a lifetime ago I was writing posts like this and this.

It feels like the end of a long journey and the start of adventures new,
never ever take your health for granted, and grab life by the goolies is my advice!


Secondly, 
this happened!


being able to put 'Lily and Bear' in the Albert Hall search engine!

yes, I know! how fantastic is that!

Lily and Bear was made into a children's theatre production by Boxer Books and Lily and Bear Productions Ltd. ...

nip me, did that actually happen?


yes it did!

The wonderful André Refig as Bear and gorgeous Emily Yarrow as Lily!

Puppets and narration by the very lovely Katy Bingham-Best.
Just fab!


It was an amazing experience,
I couldn't believe how wonderful the show was and the feedback was so positive.

I feel incredibly grateful to all involved for making the Lily and Bear production so brilliant and all the hard work Paula Chitty and David Bennett put in, and there's more to come!


Thirdly, 
a well deserved Big family holiday courtesy of my gorgeous
Mum and Dad!


We have a lot to celebrate as a family this year,
Dad turns 70, my brother turns 40, my Lily turns 18 and I've finished my remission,
Life's good in the Stubbs family!











Sunshine, family and quality time,
it cures all!

Fourthly,






Lily and Bear has been Long listed for The Book Trust, time to read campaign,
WOW!
so very happy and grateful to be chosen as a possible candidate!


and finally,
fifthly,
I'm so lucky to be represented by the wonderful Watermark Gallery
They stock some of my Lily and Bear screen prints,




... and they are responsible for selling all of my 'Golden' prints!...
(need to do another edition!)


... and have encouraged me to develop and experiment with my work which I love doing, 
and it's taken my illustration and printing down another creative path.




So all in all not bad year! 


...and this is just the start!

After one of the Lily and Bear performances a lady came up to me to sign a book for her children, 
she congratulated me on the book and the show and then said,

" and well done you, for doing this whilst bringing up three children"

There was real admiration in her voice when she said it, 
not for the book and the show but for me being able to manage being a  Mum and have a career. 
It was the nicest compliment I had, because I knew she knew how hard it is to juggle life, and manage the balls you drop from time to time!

So here's to all the working Mums, and Dads! who manage to... 
wash, iron, cook 'healthy' meals, taxi around, volunteer, do the supermarket dash, study, work, clean, vac, feed the cat, fund raise, have uniform ready for Monday, read, encourage, pick up random items around the house constantly, pull Nerf bullets out of the washing machine, support, buy emergency birthday presents, Oh lets face it, I could go on forever! and
manage to look effortlessly gorgeous and 
work.

You're amazing xx


Hope you're having a wonderful start to the year too,

Happy Days :)







SaveSave

Comments

  1. Yey! What a fantastic post - so glad you are well and congrats on Lily and Bear. Have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your better stubbsy. Great to see your news about Albert Hall. All the best. JW.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts