Blossom and Churchill...


Glorious early morning sunshine at the wonderful WYPW print room.
This paint splattered room has been my second home over the past few months and I love it.
It's where I roll up my sleeves, get out the elbow grease and get creative.



Sky is going to China with the school next year and I wanted to create a screen print to help Sky's fundraising, just like I did for Lil for Malawi with the 'Bee Eater' and the 'Tour de France 2014' prints.


 So, we have an old Churchill willow pattern jug, and next doors apple tree was in blossom so I drew 'Blossom and Churchill', then turned the sketch into colour separations for screen printing...













I have the first print of this edition exhibited at the fabulous ArtWeek which starts this Sunday 2nd July and runs for a week till Saturday 8th. It's a wonderful celebration of local talent supporting Macmillan Cancer care and I'm proud to be a part of it.
There's also lots of fringe venues, it just gets better year on year!

I'll be listing 'Blossom and Churchill' in my Etsy and Folksy shops after the exhibition, 
in the meantime I'll post some pics of the exhibition when it starts for you to have a nosey!

You can see more of my creative process and inspirations on Instagram :)


SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts