The Refuge Tree


I was flattered and excited to be asked to be involved in Kate Slaters wonderful 'The Refuge Tree'

Kate is doing the London Marathon for 'Refuge',  a brilliant charity which helps women living with domestic violence 

As part of Kate's fundraising she has created a fabulous tree which has been cut into postcards and posted off to lots of talented creatives to add their design and signature to. Then they will be auctioned off to raise funds for the fabulous Refuge charity.


I decided to do a tree house on my branch of the tree using the stencils left over from last weeks mono printing. 
Each stencil has been through the press several times with various coloured inks and have little ghost prints of their own on them, making the perfect tree house!


(last weeks printing plates with the stencils on)


I've always dreamed of having my own tree house, an artist studio tree house and I have a Pinterest board just on tree houses so I can dream plan it! 

Sonny says when he becomes a Builder/architect/footballer he's going to design and build one for me to be creative in and read in and drink green tea in ... and maybe the odd gin *sigh*

But until then I've created one for Kates Refuge tree.










To find out more about the amazing Kate Slater and her creative fund raising journey
and see her gorgeous work visit here and you can follow on Instagram here.


I feel really lucky to be involved in such a fabulous cause, thank you Kate!
And I'll post more details on the auction nearer the time.

Comments

Popular Posts