trying something new...


I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to do a lino print workshop with the fabulous print maker Melvyn Evans last month at The Yorkshire Sculpture park.

Melvyn's work is so beautifully textured and this combined with his use of simple shapes in his landscape inspired artwork makes for stunning prints. So I felt incredibly lucky to be a student in his workshop.

I want to do more experimenting with process and push myself out of my creative comfort zone to help inform and improve my current practice and this course was a perfect starting point!






I used my simple Kokeshi doll inspired shapes from my 'Together' book project to produce a simple three colour lino cut. 
I loved playing with the overlap and the beautiful textures which are created on the lino.







So I have gone and bought some lino in an attempt to try out a few more prints when I get a little creative free time and I'm excited to see where I can take this process in the print room.... once I get the hang of carving the blocks a little better that is.... all the fun's in the learning!

Comments

Popular Posts