My creative space...


Still experimenting painting on wood, I've been painting on these wooden mushrooms bought locally.
I've been using acrylic but I'm not sure this is right as even with varnish on the paint still chips easily, so tomorrow I'm going to buy some enamel paints and tonight I'm going to try acrylic ink to see if it stains the wood better.







The kids joined in too! I bought a bag of blank garden fairies  for them to paint on and they were turned into...


Lil's Monkey ( I've had to balance them in a small cup as they only have a peg for a bottom to stick into the ground!)



Sky's Geisha girl



and Sonny's man! I helped with the face, Sonny did the rest!

See more creative goings ons in spaces at Kootoyoo

Comments

  1. They all look lovely! Enjoying reading about your experiments painting on wood... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are gorgeous! What a lovely idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea - I think the enamel paint will work too (the only bummer is the clean up!) Nic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, they're so cute and unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are lovely!! Ink would probably work wonder on raw wood too. and be less smelly than enamel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so cute...the kids could go into their own business!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! What about those tester pots of paint you can buy, might they not work- especially as they are made to go on wood and such?

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are super! Will we be seeing them in your etsy/folksy shop!? Hope so! I love the second one down the best, the blonde.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats a great idea and they look so lovely! The kids have done a fab job as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts